Have you ever taken your earrings off after a long day and had sore ear lobes? Maybe you didn’t even make it that long and had to remove them because your ears were throbbing or swollen. As you probably know, you have a metal allergy. Some people aren’t even aware that they’re having adverse reactions to their jewelry. Here’s some symptoms you may be experiencing… 

Should You Be Wearing Hypoallergenic Jewelry?

- Rash

- Burning

- Itching

- Swelling

- Blisters

The most common cause of jewelry allergies comes from nickel. Surprisingly, it’s one of the most common skin allergies. You may notice your neck itching or dry patches on your fingers after removing your rings. This is a sign of a nickel allergy.

Related: Platinum vs. White Gold

If you’re wearing nickel and finding yourself having a bad reaction, try wearing hypoallergenic jewelry. Very few people have allergic reactions to the following metals:

- Yellow gold

- Pure sterling silver

- Platinum

- Titanium

If you have jewelry that is causing one of the allergy symptoms listed above, consider taking your pieces into a jeweler who can coat them so the offending metal isn’t in direct contact with your skin.

Come browse our wide selection of hypoallergenic jewelry including diamond rings, exquisite bracelets and show-stopping necklaces. We can help you find the perfect piece in our luxury Scottsdale jewelry store that you can show off without the fear of an allergic reaction.