There are many reasons why people continue to buy and wear jewelry that highlights their specific birthstone. For some, it is the personal connection they have to their birthstone. Others believe that wearing their birthstone brings good fortune and will keep them away from trouble. There are also those who point to the metaphysical healing properties found in these stones.
Whatever the reason may be, wearing birthstone jewelry is just as popular now as it ever has been. Creative jewelers are constantly designing a variety of pieces that allow many different ways to wear your birthstone.
As a reminder, here is a list of birthstones, month-by-month:
January – Garnet: A traditional symbol of faith, love and constancy.
February – Amethyst: Symbol of strong relationships and courage.
March - Aquamarine: Good health, youth, love and hope.
April – Diamond: Everlasting love, purity, innocence and courage.
May – Emerald: Wisdom, growth, patience – also associated with fertility and rebirth.
June – Pearl: Suggests chastity, modesty and stable marriage relationships.
July – Ruby: Token of harmony, peace and nobility of character.
August – Peridot: Symbol of strength.
September – Sapphire: Dignity, loyalty, serenity, faith and wisdom.
October – Opal: Faithfulness, confidence, hope, creativity and innocence.
November – Topaz: Good mental health, love and affection.
December – Turquoise: Good fortune, success and happiness.
Some of the more popular ways to wear birthstones include the following:
· Necklace – Whether on a simple gold or silver chain, or encrusted with diamonds for a more formal look, wearing a necklace with your birthstone keeps it close to your heart.
· Pendant – This is a great idea when you want to give a non-romantic gift to someone special in your life. A pendant featuring their birthstone is something they can wear with almost anything and will always carry special meaning.
· Bracelet – Hamra Jewelers carries a wide selection of bracelets containing birthstones, both simple and elaborate depending on how and when you will be wearing it. Choose a simple design for day to day wearing or something more intense to be worn in formal settings.
· Rings – It has been suggested that rings that hold a birthstone are best worn on the left hand index finger. The middle finger should be avoided, as it is traditionally known as the unlucky finger.
· Earrings – This might be the most popular way to wear birthstones.
If you have questions about how and when you should wear your birthstone, please give Hamra Jewelers a call at 480-946-5110.